GLBG collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering your account through the App, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities in the App, or otherwise contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the App, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data (e.g., first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data)
- Credentials (e.g., passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access)
- Payment Data (e.g., necessary data to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number/credit card number and its associated security code. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions)
All personal information that you provide to use must be true and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the App. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information), but may be include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and devices characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our App and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
We may also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information: We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings; however, please be aware that doing so will limit the functionality of the App and diminish its effectiveness.
- Mobile Device Access: We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, microphone, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings; however, please be aware that doing so will limit the functionality of the App and diminish its effectiveness.
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the App. If you wish to opt out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
GLBG uses personal information collected via the App for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”) in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We may post testimonials on our App or in marketing materials that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- To protect our App and services for Business Purposes and/or for Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our effort to keep our App safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your Consent. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons, and/or possibly Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our App, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
GLBG only shares and discloses your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety or any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the App) or otherwise interact with public areas of the App, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the App in perpetuity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our App, and view your profile.
GLBG and the App use Google Maps APIs. You may find the Google Maps APIs Terms of Service on their website. By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at any time; however, please be aware that doing so will limit the functionality of the App and diminish its effectiveness.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Please note that the above only refers to your personal information; any event information you add through the App, whether as a caller or a witness, will be retained by GLBG indefinitely. For further information, please refer to our Terms and Services agreement.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from the App is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us at email@example.com. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information (including any event information you may have added as either a caller or a witness) may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, and/or comply with legal requirements. You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list; however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt out, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and address of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account through the App, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the App. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the App, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
If you have any questions, complaints, and/or claims, you may contact GLBG at:
Green Line Business Group, LLC
1 Innovation Way
Newark, DE 19711